About Sara Rylott
I have worked in the human resources field since 1998. My experience ranges from Fortune 500 companies down to small non-profits and understand all aspects of human resources. However my passions lie in two areas: Corporate training and development and Employment Counselling.
My clients have gone on to work as anchors on national news programs to starting their own successful businesses. Each person I work with stays with me. I have been known to contact people years after I have worked with them if I see a job that they would be perfect for.
Over the years I have been on both sides of the hiring equation- as a recruiter and as an employment counselor. This allows me to help clients target their job search and their resumes. It has also allowed me to continue to work with young people using tools like Strong Interest Inventory and Myers Briggs Type Indicator to help them choose a college or university major and a career path. This is incredibly rewarding because the teenage years are hard ones and the decisions youth are asked to make with all those raging hormones, it almost seems the deck is stacked against them. So I treasure the notes I get from parents saying their child graduated and is now on their way to a career in a field we mapped out years earlier.
Corporate Training and Development
In 2006, our family moved to the Quinte West area to allow me to take a position in human resources with CFB Trenton. I currently work full-time running a Learning & Career Centre at Canada’s largest Air Force base. In this role I work under the workforce development umbrella. Over the years I have trained thousand of personnel in leadership skills, problem solving, harassment prevention, and personal productivity. I also work closely with managers to advise them on how to develop plans to improve performance of their employees or units, but also to create talent management plans to aid in succession planning.
- BA Honours from Queen’s University in Communications, Culture and Information Technology
- Bachelors of Education- Adult Education specialty from Brock University
- Post-Diploma in Human Resources Management from Seneca College
- Two certificates from the University of Windsor’s Faculty of Law in Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Personality Dimensions
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
- Strong Interest Indicator
- Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR)
- Distributed Learning Instructor
- CTP- Certified Training Practitioner